Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Abes of Maine: Rokinon 8mm Fisheye Lens


Fathers day was June 20th and I got a Rokinon 8mm f3.5 fisheye lens from Abes of Maine! Let me just say that I love the lens! 8mm and a 180degree field of view rock! The link above is to Amazon and there's a reason why. I ordered from Abes of Maine(they're located in New York) for the first time and the price was right and shipping was free! All good, right? I did have an issue with the order, me the dumbass, ordered for the Canon mount, like I didn't know I own Sony! So, I called them and got through after a couple of minutes and changed the order but then the guy wanted to sell me a lens pouch. I said, didn't the lens come with a pouch and he said no, so I got the pouch. He said $14 something on the phone but I was billed $15. Whatev, so I got my pouch first and then the lens. The lens came with a pouch! I then called and was switched to a guy that said he would knock off $5 from the cost so I said okay, will I get an email stating that? he said yeah. Well, no email. Actually, he also said that Bower(the brand of the pouch) was "top of the line". Right. My recommendation is NEVER shop with Abes of Maine. PAY more for a better experience!

2 comments:

  1. I did get an email. From Frieda C. I almost deleted it, it looked like spam. Frieda gives her last name and it doesn't begin with "C". Here's the body of text:

    Dear Valued Customer,


    We would like to inform you that a credit of $5.00 has been processed and sent to your Bank/Credit Card Company. We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced, and hope that you continue to do business with us in the future.
    If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact Customer Service at (removed).



    This credit will post to your account according to the time frame established by your financial institution.





    Sincerely,



    Frieda (last name removed)

    Credit Processing Division

    ReplyDelete