Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Coby ILO flash based MP3 player skips

My friends told me his MP3 player skips and I found that hard to believe because it's flash based, meaning there's no CD-ROM to skip but I said I'd take a look. After thinking about it I realized what the problem might be. These things are like SD cards or CF cards and when sectors go bad the built in controller marks them as bad. That may cause a skip. I hooked it up to my computer and took all the songs off and then formatted the device. Afterwords, I copied most of the songs back but not all. The reason here is that as a photographer, I know its a bad thing to fill a memory card to capacity. Sometimes the card ends up unreadable. Proof in the pudding, it hasn't skipped once since that little bit of therapy. It was a Coby "iLo" like "I low price"! Cheap, but still working.
Search Amazon.com for coby

1 comment:

  1. I have no words for this great post such a awe-some information i got gathered. Thanks to Author.

    ReplyDelete