Sunday, November 22, 2009

MSE - Microsoft Security Essentials Review

I recently updated my computer help site, jimzcom, and added a link to MSE. I've heard a lot about it but have'nt used it, so here goes. I'm putting it on computer #2, a windows vista/xp dual boot machine. I booted into Vista which already has Avira antivirus, Threatfire and Spybot Search and Destroy (all programs on the Kiss List) and installed it there. It took 5 minutes to install after downloading (a link is on Jimzcom) and then updated itself with new definitions (standard procedure) and started a scan. I don't expect it to find anything, but what the heck, can't hurt, right? Well, it took 12 minutes to scan 23819 items and not find anything. Again I'm not surprised because this isn't a high risk machine. I'd really like to run it on a computer that's already infected and see what it finds. Oh well, I'll give it a "C" because I didn't see it do anything but my computer still starts up.

No comments:

Post a Comment