Thursday, March 25, 2010

Leave it to the Beaver

Yesterday, after work I decided to see what was happening at Sunset Pond in the North Chagrin Reservation. I was hoping to see some Wood Ducks but they weren't there.

However, a big beaver was there. I've seen beavers before but not this big and to top it off, he or she came right at me! Good photo op, right? Nope! I mean I got some good shots but the experience unnerved me because he came so close. 





It was like he either didn't see me or didn't care. So, it swam right to me and I sort of moved out of the way and he changed course, you guessed it, right back to me. As he or she, IT came out of the water, I completely forgot what I was doing and blew the shots! Some pictures are okay but others are way over exposed. 



So now I feel like a dork and wondered if I panicked a little or not. Turns out not so much because "The Beave" does attack! Good to know. Yeah I got curious and found some YouTube showing what can happen if you don't respect a beavers space. So, in closing, never under estimate a beaver!








No comments:

Post a Comment