Saturday, March 13, 2010

Recent Books I've Read

I've been busy so I haven't posted like I should. After reading "The Hot Zone" by Richard Preston, I went on to "Cod" by Mark Kurlansky then plowed through "The Grifters" by Jim Thompson.

"The Hot Zone" was a good scary read about the Ebola virus family, it's effects and somewhat of a history.

"Cod" is a historical narrative explaining the fishes effects on the growth of various nations and ultimately those same nations effects on the fish themselves, which, unless you've been living in a sardine tin for the last 30 years, you might be aware of.






Finally, "The Grifters" was a nice quick book about three con artists, "grifters" and their relationships with each other. Chances are you've seen or heard about the movie made from the book with Anjelica Huston, John Cusack, and Annette Bening. It's been awhile since I've seen the movie so I can't tell honestly which one is better.

No comments:

Post a Comment