- There have been issues lately with Internet Explorer. Use a different browser like Firefox or Chrome.
- If you are prompted to "update flash player", DO NOT CLICK THE LINK! Instead, open up a new window or tab and type in Adobe or Flash and download from there. This is similar to calling your bank back if they call asking for your social security number. If you want the NFL go to the NFL!
- The above also applies to updating Java. Java is made by Sun. Go to them.
- Be suspicious. If my computer is infected, the virus can send emails from my address book with to you. Sometimes a "hey, did you send me an email?" call can save you some grief.
- Keep your computer updated. This means all patches, updates, virus definitions for all programs.
- Click Start>Control Panel>Add or Remove Programs and go through whats installed on your computer. If you see something you don't recognize, get suspicious.
- You must have 1 antivirus program. Only 1.
- You should have 2 anti spyware programs.
Wednesday, January 20, 2010
Personal Antivirus, Personal Security Virus etc. etc. etc.
This family of crap goes by many names because when it gets found out they change it up to avoid detection. If you have this problem follow the procedures listed here to the letter and things should get better. Sky had this problem and was able to clear it up after a couple tries. The following are suggestions on how to protect yourself: