- Started Firefox at 6:40
- Clicked on Wubi
- Clicked on download now
- Started download at 6:52
- Ended download at 7:32
- Double click on wubi.exe (where ever you downloaded it to)
- You get a box with options. Select a size on your hard drive for the install. I had 26 GB free space. Wubi suggested 14 GB. I gave it 8 GB.
- Then enter a password and click install.
- My firewall (Comodo) asked for permission to continue. I granted it, but Wubi aborted.
- double clicked on wubi.exe again.
- And now wubi say's to uninstall click here. I uninstalled.
- Windows Security popped up. I chose unblock.
- Asked to reboot and I rebooted
- After rebooting, you have 2 choices. I chose Ubuntu
- At 7:38 I chose to let the computer sit. It's at a text screen that looks like DOS but isn't.
- It was locked up. I did a hardware reset(turned off the switch at the back of the computer) and restarted.
- Again I chose Ubuntu and it went further and I walked away. (sometimes the best thing)
- This a hoot! it's installing!
- The Ubuntu system restarted at the end of the installation.
- I was able to boot into the Ubuntu system no problem.
- After using Ubuntu, I rebooted and went right back to Windows XP
Wednesday, January 27, 2010
Wubi - Ubuntu Installer
I'm going to install Ubuntu on Box3(my third computer, expendable) using Wubi! Be right back.